Lean Startup planning can be much easier with useful tools like Jobs To Be Done statements, the Business Model Canvas, the Validation Board and the Blue Ocean Strategy, so I’ve compiled them in a cool todo board on Trello. The purpose of this board is to organize your tasks and give you insight into your startup idea progress and validations, all in one place.
Trello keeps track of everything, from the big picture to the minute details. It’s infinitely flexible and incredibly easy to use. You can invite as many people as you want to your board and the changes made by others appear instantly on your screen. And, of course, it’s all free! Yup, Trello is free, now and forever. Just like all the other lean startup methodologies you’ll find on the board.
I created cards for each of the four tools I find the most important while planning your startup. Plus, I added some other cards/steps you need to show your idea to early investors. Here is the breakdown:
- Jobs To Be Done statements, based on Clayton Christensen’s The Innovator’s Dilemma and The Innovator’s Solution;
- The Validation Board for your experiments, based on the Lean Startup Machine‘s application of Eric Ries’s The Lean Startup and Steve Blank’s The Four Steps To The Epiphany;
- The Blue Ocean Strategy canvas, based on the Blue Ocean Strategy from Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne;
- The Business Model Canvas, based on the Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder et al.;
- Naming your startup, a tough job made easier with the right tools;
- Your Elevator Pitch, an essential part of your life as an entrepreneur;
- The Executive Summary, with a twist;
- And your investor pitch Deck, with the best templates out there.
Inside each card is a Google Docs template that you can download or copy to keep track of your validated learning. I’ve also put some links to videos and tips to help you along the way.
Enough talking, let’s go walking (out of the building)! Make a copy of this Trello board, invite your co-founders and start validating your brand new startup idea now!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay up-to-date!